‘The real secret to a long and healthful life is to eat a lot of carbohydrates.’ Are you shocked? You shouldn’t! Despite all the bad news you have heard in the past about carbs the real key is to eat more of them, not less.
And that’s true. But here is the key element of eating more carbs for good health – eat more good, or complex, carbohydrates and avoid or better eliminate the bad, simple carbs. That way you can eat carbs and still lose weight!
Complex carbohydrates include things such as non-starchy veggies, non-gluten grains, fresh fruits, nuts and legumes, and unpasteurized dairy products. On the other hand, bad carbohydrates include sugar, refined grains, soda, processed foods, and white potatoes.
It takes only three steps in order to get rid of bad carbs and add more good carbs to your diet, in other words – to eat carbs and still lose weight:
1. Follow the Glycemic Index (GI)
The Glycemic Index ranks foods based on their impact on your blood glucose level. Foods with a high GI, like white bread and short-grained white rice, are converted into no time to blood glucose, which makes your levels of blood sugar spike quickly.
Low GI foods, like brown rice, are digested more slowly leading to a lower, more gradual shift in levels of blood glucose. You’ll find copies of the GI Index online. Print out one and start referring to it before you eat some carbs.
2. Eat more fiber
Fiber content is key to a carbohydrate being “good” or “bad” and that’s because fiber provides our bodies with numerous benefits:
- This lowers our blood glucose level
- Slows the absorption of sugar helping us to avoid spikes in blood sugar levels
- It can make you feel fuller so you end up eating less
- It will help prevent constipation and might assist in preventing colorectal cancer. 71,000 men and 64,000 women are diagnosed each year with this type of cancer, according to the American Cancer Society.
Make a concerted effort to eat more fiber. Fruits, vegetables, and beans are high fiber foods.
3. Start reading labels
Among the best ways to prevent unhealthy foods and make sure you consume more fiber would be to cautiously read the labels of the food products you purchase. Three things to take particular note of are:
- Total Carbohydrates — this gives you the overall amount of carbs in the food, per serving. Often, g of ‘fiber’, g of ‘sugars’ and g of ‘other carbs’ add up to the g of ‘total carbohydrates’ on the label.
- Dietary Fiber — this pertains to the total quantity of fiber in the food, each serving.
- Sugars — this gives you the total amount of carbs from sugar from the food, from all sources — natural sources like lactose and fructose as well as added sugars like high-fructose corn syrup.
Eager to eat carbs and still lose weight?
Your diet has been less than ideal in the past and you’ve accumulated excess fat which you’d like to get rid of? A brand new groundbreaking strategy that’s having a good deal of success for dieters of all types (this might work for men, however, it’s only been proven for women…) is finally here.
If you’ve gone on diets in the past and failed to lose weight … or if you managed to lose some weight only to gain it all back and then some right after you went off the diet … there’s something you must know:
YOUR FAILURE TO LOSE WEIGHT IS NOT YOUR FAULT!
The truth is today’s popular fad diets don’t address the real issue – chances are you have a hormonal balance that is keeping you from dieting success.
If you’re like most folks… you diet, you count calories, you tear up the treadmill, and…
That’s how one overweight mother with prediabetes was feeling…
She did “everything right” and never lost an inch. Until…
She stumbled on this strange “carb trick” and burned away an unheard of 22lbs pounds in just 13 days…
And because of this one simple shift in her eating, she did it without starving herself…!
… and without a lick of exercise!
Now get this… with the same carb trick she dropped a total of 37lbs in the FIRST month!
… and shocked her doctor by completely reversing ANY pre-diabetic symptoms!
You won’t even believe her final result so I won’t bother telling you. However, you can see it for yourself on this page on how to eat carbs and still lose weight!