You’ve already heard by now that coconut oil is ‘the new’ magical elixir for hair treatments. But the point of washing your hair is to remove oils, right? Wrong! Your hair needs its natural oils to stay healthy. And your hair can certainly benefit from a coconut oil hug now and then.
Remember those medium chain fatty acids? According to Sky Organics, they also make it much easier for the moisturizing coconut oil to penetrate easily into the hair shaft. That means it’s working from the inside, out. Very nice.
Here’s what you do. We found 5 of the best coconut oil hair masks which can help you to solve almost all your hair problems.
1. For Dandruff – Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice Hair Mask
Ingredients: 4 spoonfuls of coconut oil and 1 spoonful of lemon juice
Mix ingredients well in a bowl.
Apply the mixture on the scalp, rubbing it to get to the root of the hair.
Leave for 15 minutes then wash with your regular shampoo.
2. For Hair Growth – Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil Hair Masks
Ingredients: 1 spoonful of aloe vera gel and 1 spoonful of coconut oil.
Mix the coconut oil and aloe vera gel to make a hair gel.
Apply this gel to the scalp, hair, and tips and leave for about half an hour.
Wash with warm water.
This mask will add a glossy look to your hair!
3. For Shiny Hair – Coconut Oil and Honey Hair Mask
Ingredients: 1 spoonful of honey and 4 spoonfuls of coconut oil
Pour honey and coconut oil in a small pan and heat it on a stove top until they get melted.
Allow the mixture to be cooled to touch and then apply gently on the dry hair, split ends and scalp.
Massage with your fingers and leave your hair for 15-20 minutes.
Wash it with a mild shampoo.
4. Repairing and Moisturizing Damaged Hair – Egg and Coconut Oil Hair Masks
Ingredients: 1 whole egg and 1 spoonful coconut oil
Beat the egg properly, add the coconut oil to it and mix them.
Apply this mixture to your scalp and hair.
Allow the mixture to settle down into your scalp for at least 15 minutes.
Rinse with warm water and then wash it using a mild shampoo.
5. Revitalizing Hair Mask – Coconut Oil and Lavender Oil
Ingredients: 2 spoonfuls of Coconut Oil and 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
Mix the Lavender Oil with the Coconut Oil.
Apply from the middle of the shaft to the tips and comb through.
Wrap a towel around your hair (the heat will help the mix penetrate better).
Leave anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
You might notice that we recommend the Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil from Sky Organics and for a good reason.
- This USDA-certified organic extra-virgin Coconut Oil is raw and cold-pressed.
- This allows the product to retain its full nutritional and healing properties.
- It has a wide range of benefits for the hair, the skin, and the digestive system.
- Rich in nutrients, fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals.
- It is also a known antioxidant, antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial, making it a useful and essential oil to have around the house.
Check out on Amazon.com (over 1,3k positive reviews!)
Featured Image Designed by Freepik